Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I've come to the dark side...

So there I was, sitting at work on a slow Wednesday morning, thinking about how I have no idea what I want to do for a career when I decided this would be a good idea. Within the past few weeks I've been even more confused than normal because that’s what college does to you; it makes you question literally everything in your life. So as many of you know I've considered a lot of career paths, most of which involve studying or working with serial killers in some aspect because I am strangely obsessed. But I have also considered school counseling. And recently I have been considering some other options as well, including but not limited to: blanket fort architect, Disney princess, beach bum, or anything at Google merely because of their crazy awesome environment. These are all viable options, right? Right?? Unfortunately, I should probably be a little more realistic because the demand for experts in blanket fort architecture are not the highest right now. So I got to thinking about writing. I really haven’t been one to write a ton recreationally, but I have dabbled (aka dramatic middle school literature in which ALL the boys were into my fictional alter ego. I was dreamin big then, y’all). And, for the record, I have written in my journal at least once a month for over a year. Actual miracle, guys. But according to various teachers and assignment grades, I’m not too shabby at this whole writing thing. And it is a huge part of psychology no matter what area you go into. Not exactly this type of writing per say. In fact, the complete opposite of this type of writing. But, since it seems like the stereotypical Mormon girl thing to do and the best way to improve your writing is to write, I’m starting a blog. If I were really motivated and professional, I would promise something like weekly posts, but I am not so I cannot do such a thing. I also can’t promise consistency in topics or writing style, but I can promise you that this will be an adventure. What can I say? I like to keep the people on their toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment